2022 - 2023 Summer Clerkship
31 May 2022
Students who expect to complete 3rd year or above in 2022 are invited to apply for the Webb & Boland 2022/2023 Summer Clerkship.
About Webb & Boland
Webb & Boland is one of the oldest and largest law firms in regional NSW. We are based in the North West of the state with offices in both Moree and Narrabri.
Our primary practice areas include the following;
- Agribusiness & Water;
- Business Law;
- Rural Succession Planning;
- Wills & Estates;
- Property and General Commercial Law;
- Commercial Litigation;
- Land and Environment Court Proceedings – both Class 1 and Class 5; and
- Criminal Law & Family Law (we do not currently offer legal aid).
Working with us
As a summer clerk, you will be based in our Moree Office during the University Christmas holidays (generally from early November until Australia Day). You will undertake rotations across our primary practice groups and you will obtain invaluable experience working within a friendly yet very busy office environment.
You will be supported and supervised by Brendan Moylan who will act as your partner mentor over the summer. Like all of our partners, Brendan is very approachable and he has supervised numerous summer clerks over the years.
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Legal Services Award.
Some of the roles that you will undertake include;
- Legal research;
- Attending client meetings and note taking;
- Attending court with our solicitors;
- Briefing Counsel;
- Calendar organisation; and
- Generally assisting our solicitors with various tasks as required.
The Application Process
Applications will open on Monday 6 June 2022 and will close on Friday 29 July 2022.
All applications must include the following;
- A detailed cover letter with your personal background;
- An up to date curriculum vitae; and
- An up to date Academic Transcript.
Applications should be sent to our Office Manager Ms Margot Marshall at MMarshall@webol.com.au - incomplete applications will not be considered.
Candidates will be informed by email of the outcome of their application in the first week of August 2022. A shortlist of successful applicants will then be invited for an interview which will take place in mid to late August 2022. We prefer to interview our candidates in person however interviews can be conducted remotely.
The successful candidate will be offered the position in the first week of September 2022 with the position starting in the first or second week of the University Christmas Holidays.